Tuesday 21 August 2012

10 Day You Challenge: 4 Books




4 Books

As an ex-English degree student, I should find this one easy, but I'm struggling to narrow it down to 4!

1. I Am Ozzy - Ozzy Osbourne. I'm a sucker for autobiographies and if I haven't already mentioned, Ozzy has been my idol since I was little. He could've hired a better editor on this one though, there's typos and grammatical errors everywhere. #grammarnazi

2. Hamlet - William Shakespeare. Yes, it's a play, but it's my favourite Shakespeare play. Everything about it, the language, the setting, the plotline, the characters, the twists, turns. I haven't found a TV or movie adaptation I didn't like.

3. The Kenneth Williams Diaries. I love Kenneth Williams and reading into his private life seems invasive, but that's how he wanted it to be. He'd threaten people he didn't like with a written insult in his diary. I love everything about him, he was so witty and acidic, just amazing. I can't recommend this enough!

4. In Cold Blood - Truman Capote. I've always loved Capote as a writer and as a person, he was my kind of man - bold, confident and unafraid. I read In Cold Blood for my AS level English and I was captivated by the way he writes and the approach he has on the real-life story.

You're probably surprised why I haven't chosen a Bronte or Austen novel, or something incredibly deep and confusing. I'm a lover of autobiographies and Shakespeare, I've never quite bonded with Bronte's style of writing. On the other hand, Pride and Prejudice is one of the greatest novels ever written, but I assumed everyone would put Austen on their list, so as usual, I had to break the mould!

Join this zombie in the other realms: Facebook ♠ Twitter ♠ Instagram ♠ Pinterest ♠ Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Uh god Ozzy's book is amazing, as I'm sat at my laptop now I can look up and see it, such an amazing guy! I really like Shakespeare only had chance to read R&J and the moment though :( I get to do him for my English A Level though :D
    Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hamlet, I haven't read but I've seen it. :) I want to read Romeo and Juliet really badly.
    Mia x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.