Tuesday 8 January 2013

Things Are Gonna Change Around Here...

(I bet this looks weird, a screenshot of the page you're on... blogception?)

First of all, welcome to the brand new layout! I decided to make the changeover from black background and white text to black text and white background, and to be honest it feels a lot neater and readable, so I hope you guys like it! As usual I'll be making a few alterations in the days to come, but that's the main bulk of them over with!

Secondly, the apocalypse has spread once again, this time to Tumblr and She Said Beauty, so clicky the linkies if you're that way inclined...

Now for the big one. Up until now, my product reviews have been somewhat slapdash. What with heavy university workloads, I've been rather unprofessional in my blogging and as such my pride in my writing suffers. I've become accustomed to writing a few witty paragraphs about my experiences with a product but I admit they weren't the most informal reviews to show you exactly how good a product works in all circumstances that I come across in my lifestyle. So I figured if I enforce a kind of organisation on my posting routine, I'll be giving a lot more into the reviewing process and hopefully offering my readers a much improved quality of material and a more enjoyable reading experience.

I'll split my product reviews into three different stages, and these three trials will be categorised by the nature of the situation they have to endure. The first, Love At First Bite. This will establish my first impressions of the product, the packaging, the scent, the product inside and the overall feel. Love At First Bite will be trialled as I'm carrying out my daily business around the house, walking the dog, gruelling essay writing, sitting on the sofa doing little more than observing the music on the radio in the background of Coronation Street. This should test the durability of a product as I will not re-apply during the day, I'll simply sit around and wait for it to walk off my face out of sheer boredom. I'll check my face before I go to bed and see what's left, and this will be the main focus of the trial, whether it's survived a featherlight duty day on the face of a zombie.

The second trial stage, The Second Coming, will test the product's strength against the elements - I'll be wearing it to university. The half hour journey to uni, against either the biting winter wind (and consequent watery eyes) or the blinding summer heat (and also consequent watery eyes), the 3/6 hours in lectures, the coffee/vodka break with friends, and finally the journey home. In contrast with the first attempt, I'll be able to reapply throughout the day so I'll gauge how long it takes before I feel the need to reach for it again.

The third stage, Third Tomb Lucky, will address the issues I've had with the product on the first two trials. If it required a different method of application, I'll try it. If it needed more priming, I'll try it. I'll be road testing it once again through a day in the life of a student, either to ensure the first attempt wasn't a fluke or to test any improvements I've made. If possible, this third stage could involve wearing it on a night out to truly test it's stamina, but as I don't often go out, this is only on a very rare occurrence so I'd hate to get your hopes up for a true test of it's mettle against the trials and tribulations of a drunken student's makeup.

In all circumstances, I'll specify whether I've used a primer beforehand, so you're aware that I've made measures to make it last longer than it's intended to when flying solo.
I'm afraid for the sake of my personal dignity, if a product doesn't work out well for me on the first trial around the house, I won't be wearing it outside on the second, I'll wear it again on a lazy day for my second attempt, and if it's still not working out for me, it has one last chance to redeem itself with a third trial around the house.
Of course, this rather brief trial period applies to makeup products only. Skin care, hair care and body care will be treated specifically to suit the advantages the product claims to have, for example if it promises improvements over a month, then I'll trial it for a month.

I'm super excited about all these changes happening on my little corner of the interweb, and I hope you all enjoy the adjustments, if there's anything you see that's  not quite right, feel free to drop me a message on any of the multiple social networks the zombie apocalypse has spread to!

Join this zombie in another realm: FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestBloglovinHellocotton

16 comments:

  1. OMG Love the sound of the new review process! And I genuinely laughed out loud at "blogception"

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I can't wait to get in the swing of it :D xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the new background! I agree it - it feels really neat now (not that it wasn't before but I hope you know what I mean?). The review process sounds fun! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! It reminds me of David Bowie with the lightning bolt, maybe that's just me :P I'm so glad you agree, it all felt a bit odd with the last theme! xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the new look, lovely.! And your caption really made me giggle. 'Blogception' heh. :) I'm also following you on Tumblr, I love following bloggers on Tumblr and Twitter and seeing what they're up to!
    Mia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, it's great to see you appreciate it, I've been considering changing it for too long! Thanks for following on Tumblr, I'm still unsure of what to do with it, whether to just reblog beauty things or actually post on there :/ xxx

      Delete
  4. I love the new layout, I'm looking forward to seeing the new review process x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I really hope it works out, it took a while to think up! xxx

      Delete
  5. Loving the new layout and your new post ideas sound fabulous!

    Lx
    pandorasbasket.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it's great to have support from so many people! xxx

      Delete
  6. I love the new design, it's a lot easier to read than white on black. Can't wait for your reviews x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank god for that, I'm so pleased I finally changed it over, it seems so stupid how long I put up with white on black! xxx

      Delete
  7. The new review process sounds like a great idea! I made a Tumblr yesterday, I'm still working out what it is I'm supposed to do with it and trying to find a theme I like! I'm following you on there now. :) Love the new blog layout too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm doing exactly the same with Tumblr at the moment, not a clue what to do with it, do I reblog beauty tips or post?! So lost! Thanks for the support lovely! xxx

      Delete
  8. Love the new layout, I'm feeling inspired now!
    Also, this post weirdly made me miss uni so much, I think it was the part about vodka breaks, definitely not about the walks up there with watery eyes! xx
    P.s. Following you on Tumblr now as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the new blog design and process, can't wait to see some new reviews! Happy new year! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.