Thursday 7 March 2013

L'Oreal Elnett Styling Spray Waves - Review


Seeing the adverts with Cheryl Cole straightening, curling, waving and generally abusing her hair, yet her hair's still as magnificent as before, I knew I had to lay my hands on this styling spray. I've been an avid repurchaser of L'Oreal Elnett's hairspray range, and I'm constantly finding a new strength of formula - first Extra Strength, then Supreme Hold, now Diamond Hold? At least with this spray, they make it perfectly clear that it's intended to keep your waves for 3 days and protect from heat damage. But does it live up to that claim?

I've used this every day since I first tried it out, which goes to show how convinced I am that this works. I can't come out of the shower without using it, I'd feel as if I'm cheating my hair of special treatment.


I spray this in when my hair's wet straight from the shower at night, blowdry it in, then style my hair with a Babyliss crimper in the morning. At first I was apprehensive that it would work as much when the product was left in overnight, but there's no issue whatsoever. Once I've crimped it and hairsprayed it in place, it's there for good.


I even tested the 3 day claim, and despite my super oily hair and feeling disgusting after 3 unwashed hair days, my crimped style was still exactly the same as when I'd first styled it. Even sleeping hadn't flattened it.
I used only three sprays in my hair last night because I was convinced I was using too much product (about 7 sprays to different sections of my hair), but halfway through the day, my hair was flat as a pancake (yes, pancake day has been and gone!) and nowhere near as voluminous and waved as usual. But then again, I have quite long hair, so gravity does that job for me.
On the heat protection side, this definitely improves the condition of my hair. Usually my hair is still quite dry and split when it's wet, but with this spray it's slightly thickened and strengthened, but it doesn't weigh my hair down in the slightest, it's a perfect balance.

Overall, I'm super impressed with this and now I know I can't live without it. I just have to hope a nice juicy offer appears in the drugstores soon, because the price is quite steep to pay alongside buying Elnett hairspray.

What heat protecting spray do you use?

Join this zombie in another realm: FacebookTwitterInstagramTumblrPinterestBloglovinHellocottonShe Said Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.