Thursday 3 October 2013

The Autumn Tag!


Danniella couldn't have chosen a better post to tag me in, I adore everything about autumn! You know the rigmarole, if you don't know Famous In Japan already, go forth and click the link, gawp as long as you wish, follow if you please, but I can guarantee you'll be laughing your socks off within minutes.

Without further ado, here goes the autumn tag! 

For Autumn, what is your…

1. Favourite thing about it?
The holidays. Halloween and Dia De Los Muertos bring out the best in me, I can really express myself in autumn because the season is much more relaxing and cooler without being freezing.

2. Favourite drink?
I'm not a coffee drinker otherwise I'd gladly say a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, but I love Dr Pepper at this time of year, because I'm a huge fan of almond/cherry flavours.

3. Favourite scent/candle?
I'm loving all my products that smell like coconut at the moment, for some reason I feel like coconuts are more autumnal and relaxing than fresh and zingy.

4. Best lipstick?
Maybelline Always Plum is a gorgeous purple for the autumn, plus it smells lovely so it's just perfect!

5. Go to moisturiser?
Simple's Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser will be my best friend this season because it keeps my oily skin under control but also moisturises just enough to keep the cold winds from doing any damage.

6. Go to colours for the eyes?
The Beauty UK Amazon palette will be at my fingertips a lot this autumn with its burnt orange shades to match the leaves, but it also feels like a pure black smoky/charred eye kind of autumn. After having such a bright summer, it's about time I pulled out all the goth stops!

7. Favourite music or band/singer to listen to?
I don't actually have a band I specifically listen to around autumn, but I do lean towards the more laid-back tracks in my library and the more Halloween-inspired songs. I blow the dust off my Nightmare Before Christmas playlist and Atreyu's Lead Sails and a Paper Anchor is given pride of place, but I'm not sure why, I guess I just associate it with autumn because I discovered them around Halloween many many years ago.

8. Favourite outfit to wear (i.e. boots & a scarf combo)?
Autumn weather is my favourite - not too hot, not too cold, so it's not about layering up to oblivion, I can usually get away with a shirt and a leather jacket! I love my cowboy boots and skinny jeans combo... with a sneaky pair of fleecy socks to keep my toes from dropping off.

9. Autumn treat?
Treat? I treat myself all the time, what makes autumn any different? Well I'd love to say the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte here, but I don't like hot drinks, so that's out! I find myself spending so much money in autumn on the little Halloween decorations in any shop, whether it's Poundland or Marks and Spencer, I can't seem to stop buying Halloween things!

10. Favourite place to be?
There's a lovely and peaceful walk behind the cathedral in my city where you can walk alongside the river and crunch through all the fallen leaves from the trees. It's perfect just as the sun goes down, I find myself walking down there every time I'm heading home from university, regardless of whether it's in the completely wrong direction or not!

But I want to know your favourite things about autumn - are you a crunchy leaf fan?

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Flickr Bloglovin RSS

2 comments:

  1. Halloween! I do love halloween :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! I love wearing boots and laying sweaters, scarves and jackets in the fall. Not to mention it's my birthday season and there's always lots of eating and celebrating with the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.