Tuesday 11 February 2014

I'm on YouTube!

Yes, you read that right, I've finally started making YouTube videos. It's something I've been meaning to do for a long time, but I haven't felt too comfortable with my appearance on camera, and although I'm still not keen on the way my face contorts itself in motion (completely not my fault), I thought 'to hell with it' and uploaded my first vlog.

I decided on the Accent Tag purely because I'm told I have a strange accent. I come from South England, but my family hails from South Wales, Yorkshire and Egypt. A concoction of accents, you say? Well, not really. In front of a camera, it turns out I talk a heck of a lot more posh than I really do, but that's my fault for choosing this tag as my very first video.

I'll admit, it's not easy uploading when you have a limited broadband allowance, so if you notice my videos go live past midnight, that's just because I have free unlimited internet after then. Curse you, Plusnet, why won't you allow me freedom like all the other wifis? On top of that, I'm uploading from my iPhone, so videos are totally unedited and I also can't change the thumbnail, so you're stuck with a pretty appalling picture of my face mid-sentence. I also finally see why YouTubers complain about the upload time on a standard wifi connection - half an hour for 4 minutes of low res babble? You're having a laugh.

Within a day of uploading this, I'd accumulated 12 subscribers. That in itself is an achievement I never thought I'd reach, especially given all I had to offer you guys was a poor quality video of me babbling about accents! So while I'm not too sure where I'll be going with this channel, I've started and I'm here to stay. Whether I just make regular tag videos, daily vlogs or rants, I don't know yet. But I'd love some feedback from you guys - what posts do you like that I should start doing in video format?

So yes, it's shaky because I didn't know there was an auto-rotate setting on YouTube. Yes, it's poorly lit but I couldn't find any other places to lean my phone. Yes, I repeat myself and stutter a bit, but that's just nerves. I'll stop defending myself now, so please have a watch and let me know what you think!


Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Flickr Bloglovin RSS

2 comments:

  1. Watched this last night and did this tag with the bf without recording it, twas interesting xD Also it's weird hearing you talk mostly cause in my head when i read blogs i read it in my own voice so obviously hearing you sound nothing like me was strange but expected xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I think Americans call trolleys "carts". Oh, and my grandad always called the remote "the zapper" which is cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.