Wednesday 23 April 2014

FOTD - Remember When


I've been struggling quite a bit lately with my confidence in my makeup and my looks in general. For the first time in a long time, I've been avoiding mirrors at all costs, regardless of the fact my house is filled with them and I usually can't walk past them without glaring for a good few minutes.


Perhaps it's because of the house move and the fact I still haven't, and probably never will, settle in the new place. I don't feel like I belong here, everything about this place is wrong, and I know everyone says that when they move house, but I've been here for a few weeks now and I'm just not happy here.

Perhaps it's my raging hair envy for the likes of Nikki Sixx and BVB's Ashley Purdy. I've always wanted choppy layers but I've never had the courage to lop off my beloved hair to see if it suits me. Rather than do the sensible thing and take my butt to a hairdresser, I decided to hack away at my own hair with only a miniscule mirror for guidance and hope for the best. If you're ever cutting your own hair, I recommend cutting halfway toward the style you want one day, leaving it a day to see how it feels, then going for the Full Monty the next day, just to be sure you're doing it right. It's worked so far on mine, and I'm chopping layers into it every night until I'm fully satisfied with the length. Getting there slowly!


Perhaps it's the change of weather and the fact that I can't let go of my leather jacket regardless of the increasing temperatures. I'm the kind of person found wearing shorts in winter and leather in summer because my body clock hasn't adjusted in time. 

Perhaps it's the end of uni and my lack of direction in life now I have nothing but two exams to look forward to. Applying for jobs left, right and centre is a nightmare, especially when I've come across so many dream jobs recruiting but the chances of getting anywhere are slim. My confidence always sinks through the floor when a closing date flies by and there's no call back.


Whatever the cause may be, I figured I'd spam you with selfies to end the famine on a sunny day!

Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Ivory
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair
Collection Pressed Powder in Ivory

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Timeless Black
Sleek Ultra Mattes V2 Darks palette - Black
Collection Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner - Black
Maybelline Falsies Mascara

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Hot Plum


Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Bloglovin RSS

2 comments:

  1. Your skin looks so perfect, and I love the shape of your eyeshadow. For what it's worth I think you're gorgeous and your makeup skills are awesome

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.