Thursday 18 December 2014

Life updates.

Aloha Zombies! I know, it's been forever since I sat down and properly explained for my absence here. But as if you're living under a rock and need reminding, it's Christmas and I finally have free time again! Time for a few updates...


I'm already halfway through my MA course. Petrified doesn't quite cover it. Nothing quite prepares you for the canyon between undergrad studies and postgrad expectations. I've only just settled on my dissertation title and I've had no results back from any essays yet, so I have no idea whether I'm doing anything right! But regardless, I'm writing my dissertation on Alice Cooper, so I can't say it's going bad!

I haven't found the time to return to blogging here because it feels like I've been writing for everyone but myself. 

I'm now the Editor of Student Beans Winchester! I've created my team of student writers from scratch, working through the recruitment process independently and helping writers produce great, entertaining and popular content. My experience with this blog has been invaluable - it's a real challenge managing a group of 10 writers, editing their output to suit the brand and scheduling all forms of social media, but I've survived thanks to Ali Zombie! If anything, this has fuelled my interest in editing as a career. I adore team leading and journalism, so combining the two is just a dream come true.

I'm also now a Contributing Writer for Already Heard, an amazing (bias fully intended) alternative music site. Every week, I'm writing on the latest releases in a genre I've loved for as long as I can remember. I've covered some of my favourite bands like Set It Off, Fearless Vampire Killers and Machine Head, I'm getting outstanding responses from record labels, fans and bands themselves - again, it's a fantastic opportunity that I wouldn't change for the world.

On top of all that, most recently, I've been setting up the #musicwriters chat on Twitter to help music journalists like myself get connected and discuss what we love/hate about the industry! If you've been following this blog long enough, you'll know it's an idea I've had sitting there for years just begging to be put into action, but I finally took the plunge and hopefully it'll pay off. It's going to be a massive project but networking in music journalism is something I'm dedicated to, so it'll be worth all the hard work!

So if you're wondering where I've disappeared to, consider this my apology. If you want to keep up with what I'm doing, I update my Contently profile as and when I publish anything new, plus you'll find updates all over my Twitter! Thanks for your patience, I'll keep you posted!

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest YouTube RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.