Wednesday 27 June 2012

An Instagram blab.

As far as days go, I wasn't expecting yesterday to be an outstanding one. Another Tuesday, I thought. The day I joined Instagram, I had no idea any famous people were on there, therefore I didn't join with the sole purpose of getting a famous person to contact me. The same goes for Twitter, I never fell for the idea of getting Philip Schofield to retweet me.

I followed a few of who I like to affectionately call 'the metal wives' on Instagram because I'm intrigued by the idea of women married to big names in the music business, I'm curious how their lives are affected by their husbands' careers, how much they immerse themselves in their spouse's worlds. I'm a sociologist at heart, and I love silently making my own social experiments. I've become attached to two lovely ladies in particular because they're wives of members of the greatest metal bands out there, and on a less spouse-based angle they post some great photos, memes and observations.

Now I know not all my followers share my music taste, but if any of you have heard of DevilDriver, the singer Dez Fafara's wife Anahstasia was one of the first wives I followed. She's the definition of a natural beauty, so you can imagine my face when I saw this...



I couldn't believe it, I was in shock for hours after. I liked a photo of hers (a satanic fruit, if you're curious) and she must've purposefully gone on my profile to a photo from last Halloween. I can't explain how much it means to me, and I know I laugh at people who take things like this too far, squealing about how much they love them etc. etc. I'm simply grateful that she found the time to look me up.

</ end blab>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.