Wednesday 20 June 2012

GELous? You shouldn't be.

I've been in the market for a good gel eyeliner for a long time now, having been stuck in a liquid liner rut for years, so having hunted high and low for a cheap (I'm a student, that's my excuse) but long-lasting alternative, I came across the Collection 2000 offering.
I'm a blogging criminal - I didn't photograph it before I'd plunged in and made a dent, and what's more, I didn't even clean the brush! As I type, I'm hiding my head in shame.

I'm really quite disappointed with this, especially given the brand's reputation as good quality and long lasting -- you've only got to look at their concealer!

As with most new products I just test them on a day I'm not going anywhere short of my front door, and I applied two sweeps to my eyelid, allowed it to dry for a minute or two, and went about my daily business around the house. Less than an hour later, a quick glance in the mirror proved it had all cracked away, leaving gaping naked patches on my eyelid. I'd applied it over a Maybelline Color Tattoo and a layer of eyeshadow, so it wasn't for lack of priming. I've used it since with MUA Professional Eye Primer and had no luck again. Maybe I was unlucky and bought a faulty product?

Light sides
- Small, compact pot, good for travelling.
- Itty bitty brush included is even better for travelling!
- Very pigmented with a stroke or two.

Dark sides
- 12 hour lasting colour? You've got to be kidding me. An hour at best for me!
- Brush is a bit too small
- I made such a tremendous dent in the product with one application and I can't see it lasting if it became an everyday product.

Overall, I'm really disappointed with this liner, I bought it specifically for use at a festival, and it's so unbelievably unwearable that I wouldn't have been able to.

Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner comes in black, teal, gold and brown, and retails for £4.99 in Boots and Superdrug.

Have you tried this liner? Did you have any issues with it? What brand of gel liner do you prefer?

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Definitely get the Maybelline one it's really good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should've known Maybelline would be better :( Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give it a go. Oh and thanks for being my first follower, it means a lot, starting out blogging is so frightening but you've definitely helped :) x

      Delete
  2. WOW. i just came across your blog, and it's awesome (even if it is pretty new!) love the layout -- you're so stinkin' talented with makeup! i'm officially suscribed, i can't wait to hear more from you soon :)
    i have this same exact eyeliner -- only it's maybelline! LOVE it! shoulda gone with maybelline ;)

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much that means to me thank you so so much! If I could send hugs through the internet, you'd be squished by now! :) I've subscribed right back, your blog is fantastic, your beauty tips are genius! Thanks for the Maybelline recommendation, gonna have to get my hands on it now! x

      Delete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.