I'm a blogging criminal - I didn't photograph it before I'd plunged in and made a dent, and what's more, I didn't even clean the brush! As I type, I'm hiding my head in shame.
I'm really quite disappointed with this, especially given the brand's reputation as good quality and long lasting -- you've only got to look at their concealer!
As with most new products I just test them on a day I'm not going anywhere short of my front door, and I applied two sweeps to my eyelid, allowed it to dry for a minute or two, and went about my daily business around the house. Less than an hour later, a quick glance in the mirror proved it had all cracked away, leaving gaping naked patches on my eyelid. I'd applied it over a Maybelline Color Tattoo and a layer of eyeshadow, so it wasn't for lack of priming. I've used it since with MUA Professional Eye Primer and had no luck again. Maybe I was unlucky and bought a faulty product?
- Small, compact pot, good for travelling.
- Itty bitty brush included is even better for travelling!
- Very pigmented with a stroke or two.
- 12 hour lasting colour? You've got to be kidding me. An hour at best for me!
- Brush is a bit too small
- I made such a tremendous dent in the product with one application and I can't see it lasting if it became an everyday product.
Overall, I'm really disappointed with this liner, I bought it specifically for use at a festival, and it's so unbelievably unwearable that I wouldn't have been able to.
Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner comes in black, teal, gold and brown, and retails for £4.99 in Boots and Superdrug.
Have you tried this liner? Did you have any issues with it? What brand of gel liner do you prefer?