Wednesday 16 January 2013

WU Hstry - Zhao Ziyang - The Tiananmen Catalyst


As I mentioned before, I'm a writer for my university's history blog, and I published my first post on the history of makeup last month. This month is the turn of my forte - modern China. I decided to write about Zhao Ziyang, the Chinese general secretary at the time of the Tiananmen Square massacre on June 3rd and 4th 1989. He played a significant part in the events that led to the unknown number of civilian deaths, but his responsibility by no means denoted intent. My post investigates the lengths Zhao went to quell the student protests and how his actions backfired.

So if you're still awake, if I haven't bored you to death by now, then here's the link if you'd like to have a read! It's about 1200 words long so, are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...


Join this zombie in another realm: FacebookTwitterInstagramTumblrPinterestBloglovinHellocottonShe Said Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.