Wednesday 20 February 2013

EOTD - We Had To Lose Ourselves To Find Our Way


The title of this post is a little nod to my February Metal Hammer Calendar Challenge, Miss May I - Found Our Way, but you'll have to wait another 8 days to read my review!

Good grief it's been too long since I last made an EOTD post! Since unknowingly falling back into the neutral rut this year, I forced myself out when I had left all my palettes bar the MUA Immaculate Collection in the room where my mum was sleeping, and I didn't wake her up, so I tried out a few shades and fell in love with it. You may remember I raved about this purple MUA shadow before, but I hit pan in my Poptastic palette, and many internal tears were shed. Little did I know I still had a full pan in my Immaculate palette which had received zero love since I bought it.

I took my inspiration for this from my interest in Roman history, I'm doing three modules on Ancient Rome next year at university, so in honour of the purple of the emperors, this has become my go-to look every morning this week. 

I'm sure this product list won't come as much of a surprise to you, it's no secret I adore MUA's shadows for their blendability, pigmentation and lifespan. Plus I have yet to find any products that work better than my 'old faithfuls', MUA primer and Color Tattoos.


Products Used -
♠ MUA Professional Eye Primer.
♠ Maybelline Color Tattoo in Eternal Gold over lid and into crease.
♠ MUA Undressed Palette shade 6 (gold) all over lid.
♠ MUA Immaculate Collection Palette shade 24 (purple with blue shimmer) in crease and blended out.
♠ MUA Immaculate Collection Palette shade 20 (matte white) under brow and blending the purple out.
♠ MUA waterproof liquid eyeliner swept across lid and into a flick (I'm still not great at flicks, one of these days I'll learn!)
♠ Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl liner in waterline.
♠ MUA Immaculate Collection Palette shade 4 (matte black) to set waterline.
♠ Maybelline The Falsies mascara (3 coats)

My review for the Immaculate Palette will be up in the next week or so, it's been in the making for at least 6 months and I haven't got around to it til now!

What's your favourite MUA eyeshadow?

Join this zombie in another realm: Zombies Wear Band ShirtsFacebookTwitterInstagramTumblrPinterestBloglovinHellocottonShe Said Beauty

6 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! I always look at the Immaculate Palette in Superdrug but I've never picked it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks! It's definitely worth the price, having all the shadows there in front of you in the morning is perfect for indecisive girls like me! xxx

      Delete
  2. Yay for gold and purple. Every time I see the Immaculate palette used I want it more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you'll cave eventually, don't you worry, it's hold is too strong! XD xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh this is a fab look! I always struggle to use my golds so Im gona try this look on myself :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh do let me know when you do, I'd love to see it! xxx

      Delete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.