Sunday 10 February 2013

Kung Hei Fat Choi!


If you don't know me byyyy nooooow...
I should tell you that I have an obsession with all things Chinese - their modern history in particular. If all goes to plan, I could be spending Chinese New Year in China in two years time, so I'd love to see Beijing in full celebration mode. I love Chinese New Year, the enthusiasm and celebration that goes with it are unrivalled by our New Years, which really says a lot about Westerners - we just don't know how to celebrate!

So while I'm consoling myself as our local legendary Chinese takeaway is closed for most of the week (it may not sound like much, but when I'm deprived of their chicken chow mein, I tend to break things), and while I endeavour to find the fortune cookies we have kicking around the house somewhere (such an ignorant Westerner, I know), I wish you all a very happy Chinese New Year!

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Join this zombie in another realm: FacebookTwitterInstagramTumblrPinterestBloglovinHellocottonShe Said Beauty

1 comment:

  1. I spent Chinese New Year in Beijing last year, and celebrations are pretty much just people letting off fire crackers constantly for hours and hours and hours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.