Wednesday 4 September 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Hot Plum - Review and Swatch


If you thought every lipstick needed reapplying every two hours and faded significantly before you'd even left the house, then allow me to introduce you to Maybelline Color Sensationals.




The above swatch says it all - it's CRAZY pigmented. It's a little misleadingly named - Hot Plum it definitely isn't, it's far more fuschia. The mid-purple shade of the bullet is misguiding too, which proves you really need to swatch things in store to save disappointment when you get it home.

Hot Plum stays on my lips perfectly for a good 6 hours through eating, drinking and the odd peck from the boyfriend. We all know we can gauge a good lipstick on how much it transfers on the boyfriend, and this didn't even leave him with a pink tinge - not an atom rubbed off on him, which just goes to show this lipstick stays right where you put it in the first place.

I love the packaging of this range, it's plastic, sure, but it doesn't feel cheap and tacky. Also, if the lid corresponded to the colour of the lipstick, it would make picking out the right lipstick so much easier.

My only qualm is the price, £7.19 in Boots and Superdrug is a tad extortionate for me, a little old broke student with a vivid lipstick addiction. I'm 100% convinced to buy up a few more from this range as it's well worth the price, but the price makes it difficult for me to collect them all.

Have you dipped into the Maybelline Color Sensationals range?

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Flickr Bloglovin RSS

2 comments:

  1. This colour is insanely beautiful and I love the background of the photo :)

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that IS pigmented! I hope they put out some darker colours, I'm really not a reds and pinks sort of lady.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.