Friday 27 September 2013

Maybelline Colossal Color Shock Mascara in Electric Blue - Review and EOTD


The Maybelline Colossal Color Shock mascaras have landed in the UK. Sadly, there's only two shades available - Electric Blue and Electric Teal. I have green eyes, so teal's out of the window, so blue was my only other option. When will we get the purple shade? you hear me cry. 
Coloured mascara isn't to everyone's taste, that's for sure. I love it, but do I love this mascara?




Costing £5.99 in Superdrug, I still feel like it's a bit overpriced considering it won't get daily use as it's such an unusual colour. If I ever run out of this mascara, I'll turn in my grave.

I'm not sure volume is something I'd need in a coloured mascara, but I'll take what I can get, given there aren't a great deal of them on the UK drugstore market. Perhaps British people are too reserved to try the trend?

The brush doesn't look spectacular. Just the average straight, bulky mascara brush. Then again, it's not about the brush but it's how you apply the mascara, but as I mentioned, I won't be needing volume out of this. I decided to try this out on the tips of my lashes as Maybelline recommend on the packet, and this is how it turned out:


I checked back in the mirror an hour later, and there was no blue remaining on my lashes. I normally have a habit of picking at my mascara, so I'd understand its disappearance if that was the case, but within that hour, I didn't even have time to fidget, let alone pick at my mascara. So it's really just vanished for no reason.

While it hasn't lived up to my expectations of a long-lasting mascara, as I'm sure it will come in useful for one of my more extravagant looks someday, I don't feel like I've completely wasted £5.99 on this, but that's only because I don't have a store nearby that sells the other drugstore coloured mascaras available.

What's your view on coloured mascara? Too much?

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Flickr Bloglovin RSS

1 comment:

  1. It's a gorgeous colour, shame it didn't last though

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.