Monday 16 September 2013

MUA Blush Perfection Cream Blush in Dolly - Review and Swatches


On a film shoot a few weeks ago, the makeup artist put an orange blusher on me for a scene, so I set out trying to find out which one it was, and my search ended with something that wasn't quite the same shade or brand, but something that made me fall in love with blusher entirely.



Before this blusher, I'd used powder blushers that were just too pigmented and showed my inexperience with blush application to the entire world. I'd either have one embarrassed cheek or both red as a clown - either way, it's not a good look. I'm too pale to pull off most blush shades without appearing flushed anyway, but this muted orange is very wearable for me.

Cream blushers are just so easy to blend, I don't think I could go back to a powder consistency. You can just buff this away into the skin if you're as heavy-handed as me with the first swipe, and also layering a powder on top will dull down the colour if you really think you've gone overboard.

I apply this blusher straight after I've slapped on my foundation, purely because my Revlon ColorStay foundation dries to a matte finish and doesn't allow much room for blending once it's dried, so with a bit of speed and precision, you can get this on your cheeks perfectly. It all depends your foundation really.

As for wear time, I found this still residing on my cheeks at midnight when I applied it at 10am. Speaks for itself, no? I've never found a blusher to stay on my face longer than four hours, so I'm very impressed.

I'll definitely be buying up more shades in the MUA cream blush range, especially at only £2, they're worth every penny!

What do you think of cream blusher?

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Flickr Bloglovin RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.