Tuesday 1 October 2013

Hallowed Hints - Topical Costume Ideas

Happy October everybody! You know what this means? My countdown to Halloween! I've waited all year for this, but I'm still not as prepared for the season as I should be!
Let's face it - bunny ears and a miniskirt just ain't gonna cut it for Halloween this year. We've all seen Mean Girls, right?


If there's a prize for the best costume at the party you're heading to this Halloween, why not go all out? Paint your face, coat your arms in blood, grab a special effects kit and create some flesh wounds - you can never go too far. But if you're not up for doing the traditional scary costumes, here are some topical costumes to keep your feet on the ground and save yourself from the horror of waking up and finding a fake blood-stained pillow beneath you.

Prince George
Adult nappy? Check. Milk bottle? Check. Crown? Check. Receding hairline inherited from father? Perhaps not.

Victoria Beckham's duvet dress
I can't be the only one that's still laughing at this...

Ozzy Osbourne
Ozzy slipped back onto the popular radar this year with the release of Black Sabbath's album 13, which reached number one in the albums charts.
Sharon Osbourne
She's back on the X Factor, and I for one am ecstatic to see my favourite woman on telly again. Dressing as Sharon would instantly give you the right to insult people that walk past. Not that I'm promoting exercising that right or anything.

Compare the Meerkats
Specials Agent Maiya released a while back, and her costume could double up as Catwoman if nobody knows who you are. My easiest costume would be Vassily - a fringed leather jacket and a band shirt - simples!

Lady Gaga's Applause Album Cover
Any excuse to go out with your makeup running down your face, right?

Miley Cyrus at the VMAs
I imagine this will be the most popular costume this year among girls desperate to get their knockers/knickers out and blokes with questionable dignity remaining. On the plus side, guys, if you have an old Beetlejuice costume, you can reuse it as Robin Thicke.

Kimye
I'm sure nan's got some curtains she'd happily lend you for the night.

So the big question is - what are you dressing as this year?

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Flickr Bloglovin RSS

3 comments:

  1. Lmao, a hilarious couple costume idea would be if the girl dressed as Robin Thicke and the guy dressed Miley xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm laughing to myself in the uni library looking like a right weirdo!
    Great post, its the first time I've seen VB's tragic excuse for a dress

    xo

    The Shelley Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going as Ultimate Warrior, the wrestler haha! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.