Friday 8 November 2013

MUA Undress Me Too Palette - Review and Swatches


Late to the party again, I hear you cry. Sometimes the bandwagon rolls too fast for me to catch up, I'm only little, and I'm only a zombie.


It takes me a long time to get out of a rut where I use just one palette alone, so it's even harder for me to get my hands on another palette in my stash and use it properly enough to warrant reviewing it. I wasn't greatly inspired by this palette because I'd found an unwavering companion in the Undressed palette, and the shades in this just seemed a little too light for my liking. However, saying that, they're useful enough for days when I think 'to hell with the consequences, I'm going neutral', which honestly don't happen as often as they should.

Some say this is the poor man's equivalent to the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. I am said poor man, so I have no experience of the UD palette with which to compare. All I can say is judging by other bloggers' comparisons, this is a perfect alternative, and at £20 cheaper, this is definitely worth a try if you want to save yourself some pennies. Yes, the UD pans are deeper and you're getting more product for your money, but essentially the shades are very similar, if not identical, to the luxury predecessor.

We all know MUA palettes by now - 12 shades, quite shallow pans but very pigmented contents for the measly price of £4 in Superdrug. I liked the change to white packaging at first, but once this had taken its place in my makeup bag, it soon lost its sparkly goodness.

My main attraction to this palette was the matte black. I'm a sucker for matte blacks. But this one is a struggle to work with, the formula is just so stiff it really takes a few swirls to even get a little colour onto a brush, and even then it really drags on the lid and doesn't blend in the slightest. It seems MUA's matte standards have slipped in recent palettes, which doesn't bother me as a user of shimmer shades, but if you're out for the best matte black on the market, this isn't it.

That being said, the pearl shades are just as blendable as every other MUA palette. The cooler, paler shades work fantastically for highlighting as well, so if you're on the move and need everything accessible in one palette, this is your thang.

Which do you prefer - Undressed or Undress Me Too?

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Flickr Bloglovin RSS

1 comment:

  1. I like this palette but like you said, the black just isnt black enough for us goffs! I think I prefer UM2 overall though xox

    www.thestylekhaleesi.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.