Monday 4 November 2013

Hallowed Hints - Carving A Pumpkin

This is not the time to fawn over my amazing Spider-Man PJs... okay maybe it is.



If you live near a Co-Op, I can't urge you enough to head down there and grab yourself a pumpkin. This one is as big as my head and only cost me £1. I'd buy up the lot if I could carry them.

Prepare to gasp - I've never carved a pumpkin before. I'm lethal with sharp objects, so I've never trusted myself to do it before. This year, I threw caution to the wind, said a quick farewell in advance to all my digits and took the risk.

Luckily, I chose a design that wouldn't be too much hassle so I couldn't cock it up or injure myself too much. My mistake is clear from this photo though, I didn't make the lid big enough, so I couldn't scoop very well inside. Lesson learned for next year though!
I expected the pumpkin goo to smell disgusting and feel icky, but I think I enjoyed getting messy and pulling out the seeds more than I should have!
I found some glow in the dark vampire teeth in Poundland and knew they belonged on a pumpkin, plus it was less of a carving mess for me! I know I should've taken more of the stringy bits out inside but I think he looks scarier with a furry throat, don't you?
Finally I stuck on some eyeball sweets and turned him into a cross-eyed, glow in the dark vampire. Freddie really doesn't look pleased...

How did you carve your pumpkin?

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Flickr Bloglovin RSS

1 comment:

  1. I love your pumpkin! I said I was going to carve one this year but I didn't get around to it! I'm definitely going to have to make up for it next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.