Monday 23 December 2013

Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Midnight Glam - Review and Swatches

Black eyeshadow in seconds - think it's impossible? Then you haven't tried this eyeshadow pencil.



I'd never tried an eyeshadow pencil until now purely because brands hadn't released a true black before, and of course, black is my favourite colour. The thought of having a fully black eye look without the hassle of primers and powder eyeshadow appeals to me as a busy student with barely any time to slap on foundation in the morning, nevermind three different eye products.

No matter how much a product claims to produce a lasting colour throughout the day, I still use an eyeshadow primer underneath for fear of creasing, and this has never creased on me in the slightest. Good on you, Collection.

The Midnight Glam shade is as close to black as an eyeshadow pencil can get, it's not quite pure black but a very dark grey, plus it's chock full of glitter so it's perfect for easy looks for your night out. I didn't think a pencil would be the easiest to blend, nevermind one full of glitter, but as long as you work quickly, you can blend this to a good extent without leaving behind a harsh line.

One problem I've yet to address - sharpening. I don't own a sharpener this big and I can't say I expected to need to sharpen it, because I've seen other brands make a wind-up pencil and I was gutted the moment I took it home. Do they even make sharpeners this big?

What's your view on eyeshadow pencils?

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Flickr Bloglovin RSS

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this! I'm not as brave as you so I might just use this as an eyeliner for a huge chunky line :)

    Danniella x | www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essence makes one that I use a lot. It's a dual sharpener with one normal side and one side for larger pencils. XOXO
    canvas-of-a-face.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.