Thursday 19 June 2014

Friday at Download 2014

Download 2014 was one of the best weekends of my life. Okay, so probably everyone that went will say that, but the weather was perfect, the lineup was stellar, and most of all, the company was amazing. So here's what happened on Friday...
The moment we arrived at our hotel, the boys from Blessthefall came into the reception and floored me. I spoke to Beau and Elliot later that night and collapsed when they left - I still haven't registered I've met the band who I've looked up to for as long as I can remember. Did I mention Beau is more gorgeous in real life than you think?
Harlem Shake with the guys from Skindred! It turns out we were sharing a hotel with these guys all along, but we only realised when Benji came out of the room across the hall the next morning. Could've been a hell of a party if we'd have known!
It'd be rude to miss Black Label Society at a festival, Zakk Wylde is on another level, Ozzy Osbourne's right-hand man and owner of the world's best beard.
Download is home. The spectrum of people wearing band shirts, wacky dyed hair and copious amounts of tattoos make this the safest, friendliest, most inviting crowd you're ever likely to find yourself in. I feel safer in the crowd at Donington than I do on the streets of my city.
Look who I found, if it isn't the one and only Zoe London! Creds to her blog for this photo, George really caught our personalities here.
And last but by no means least, Rob Zombie, my adopted father and all round legendary human being, owned the Main Stage. If you ain't dancing to Dragula, you ain't at Download.

Honorable mentions...
The Amity Affliction - A fantastic UK festival debut and I guarantee these guys will be back with a vengeance at another festival next year!
letlive. - Catchy, soulful and put on a fantastically energetic show despite Jason throwing his crutches into the crowd and scaling the rigging!

Stick around for my highlights from Saturday!

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest YouTube RSS

4 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean when you say Download is home. I feel like that too! It's like my spiritual home. Unfortunately I'm not sure when I'll be able to go again now that I teach :( Stupid term dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh man, I am so insanely jealous! I know a few people who went and the stories are incredible. I really really need to go to Download one year. And you look amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous you had a hotel! Camping was the only downside for me.
    Download was awesome though, I love your converse :)

    The Shelley Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had such a good Friday! For me that would have tired me out :)

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.