Monday 9 July 2012

A black and white review.

Up until now, I'd maintained a decent collection of MUA single eyeshadows that I'd swatched and left to look pretty in my makeup collection, mainly because I was unimpressed with said swatches. I always chose colours that I either already have or didn't actually want but I thought they might come in handy one day. My local MUA stand only seems to sell the pearl variety plus one bonus matt, and I adore matte shadows, so I wasn't left with much choice. But I picked up these two on a whim yesterday to see if they could finally prove me wrong. Click here to see the full post.


Shade 20 Matt
I've been in desperate need of a good matte black for a long time, and while the swatch looks tragically grey/non-existent (left line is one swipe, right line is five deep swipes), when applied with a brush over the MUA primer, it gives a decent pigment to be accepted of a £1 eyeshadow.


Shade 2 Pearl
I'm a perfectionist that gets annoyed by those little bubbles that appear in a pan before you've even touched it -grrr! Anyway, you can barely see on both sides of the strong swatch, but those faint shimmers were 1 deep swipe into the product, whereas the middle was 5 deep pan swipes. 

What on earth happened with my skin tone in that picture? I don't have a massive bruise on my hand! Weird...

And then there's the immediate disappointment.

MUA Waterproof Mascara £1
I shouldn't have had such high hopes for a £1 mascara, but I did due to their amazing waterproof eyeliner.
I think the next photo will say it all for me.
This is how the brush looked when I first pulled it from its tubular prison. Loose bristles everywhere, you might not be able to see it as clearly but I mean EVERYWHERE. Besides, there's way too many bristles there to even contemplate getting any product even on your eyelashes, way too crowded. It's already formed clumps somehow in the tube, and it's completely unusable to me. I'll give the brush a full scrape and de-hair before giving it a try, I just wanted to show you how ridiculous it looked out of the packaging.

And a quick EOTD for you!



What's your favourite MUA product?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.