Thursday 22 November 2012

Collection Lock and Hold Lip Gloss in Rock Steady: Review and Swatch


Now I don't usually disapprove of a lip gloss because there's not much harm it can do. However, I managed to find one that knew exactly what to do to piss me off, and after I'd seen so many good reviews of this, I momentarily lost all faith in the blogosphere's recommendations. Collection (2000) had yet to disappoint me until I tried out their infamous Lock and Hold lip gloss.

Let me begin by addressing the ridiculous suggestion that a lip gloss will last up to 6 hours. Possibly so for a human who refrains from eating, drinking, nay, breathing. As for me, a fully functioning homosapien, I find this lasts about an hour at best. That being said, I didn't find reapplying this a chore, as it tastes like sherbet and feels ever so slightly moisturising.


In all my years, and that includes the horrific years of the 90s in which I grew up using the makeup that came with girly magazines, I have never used a lip gloss quite so sticky, tacky and clingy. Living in the windy climes of the United Kingdom, where what others call a hurricane, we define 'a mild northwesterly breeze', this is the worst thing you could wear.

But. And that is one huge, gargantuan, Beyonce-esque but. The pigment on this gloss is quite high, and while that's all well and good, unless your lips are naturally this super-pale peach tone, expect the worst. Unsightly product build-up in the corners of my lips soon put me off ever using this again.

Unfortunately, I really liked the look of the shade Twisted Disco, and I was tempted to buy it instead of Rock Steady. I'm quite pleased I didn't, as perhaps this review would have been ever so slightly more disastrous if I were discussing disgusting lilac build-up.

All that being said, I'd love to hear from those of you reading this that fell in love with this product, I love hearing the opposite account to mine, especially when it comes to products for which I cannot for the life of me find a positive aspect, but this has made its new home in my rubbish bin.

Do you like the Lock and Hold range?

Join this zombie in another realm: FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestBloglovinHellocotton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.