Monday 25 February 2013

WU Hstry - Man Must Conquer Nature: Mao's Cultural Revolution and the Environment



Once again I'm taking over this (supposedly) beauty blog with a little personal update. In case you haven't been following my blog for long, allow me to keep you up to date - I'm a history student, and every month or so I write a post for my university's history blog. I'm the resident Chinese historian, so most of my posts relate to modern Chinese history. 
This month, the blog has been taking a theme of environmental history, so naturally the first thing I thought of was the environmental impact of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. So if you fancy reading a mini essay on Mao's mission to conquer nature in the 1950s and 1960s, for example water conservancy, famines and overpopulation, plus a little bit about the people who spoke out against the extreme policies and how they were received, then by all means click through the link below and let me know what you think!


Or perhaps you want to read my previous essays?


A Not-So-Brief History of Makeup (I knew I'd make this beauty-relevant somehow!)

A massive thanks to everyone who has supported my history blogging so far, it's time consuming but so rewarding, and if you have a passion for something academic, be it modern Chinese history or the origins of Shakespeare's quill feathers, I'd recommend blogging to anyone! At one of my lectures recently, the staff insulted us bloggers with a simple remark...

Those bloody bloggers, they just never stop blogging!

Join this zombie in another realm: Zombies Wear Band ShirtsFacebookTwitterInstagramTumblrPinterestBloglovinHellocottonShe Said Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it! I read every comment and aim to reply as soon as possible.